Thursday, August 02, 2007

In an mmmbop they're gone, in a mmmbop they're not there...

As I was on my way into work yesterday, the morning radio show played a variant of t.v.'s "Music Bee", ending with Hanson's Mmmbop. This proceeded to get it stuck in my head for the rest of the day. It also made me think I might be a good contestant for the t.v. show....

(In all honesty, though, Mmmbop really isn't a very fair song to use: even to people who care what lyrics are, the song is a rather difficult one to know what's being said. This is mostly due to whichever Hanson it is semi-mumbling the lyric.)


So, I had Hanson driving me crazy, and then swim practice in the evening kinda just pushed me out of my mind completely, to the point where I left a half hour early and was seriously contemplating not going to Nationals (for which I leave a week from today). But things are better now. Mmmbop's still stuck in my head, but I've remembered that my condo ownership turned a year old on Tuesday. :)

(And just for Erin: "We're tiny, we're toony... we're all a little loony ;-)

So hold on to the ones who really care
In the end they'll be the only ones there
When you get old and start losing you hair
Can you tell me who will still care

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

weeeeeeeeeeeeee! you just wanted to check and see if i still read this, didn't you?

Rock on at Nationals, dude

Matt said...

that, and I wanted it to get stuck in your head again ;)