Thursday, August 17, 2006

99 bottles of beer on the wall, 99 bottles of beer...

I have made my first of 3 zillion mortgage payments... Actually, I have initiated the first of 362 payments (so if we equate that to days of the year, it means I've actually woken up on New Year's Day--all is quiet).

1 down, 361 to go...
atleast in 7 days when the payment gets to the bank (it's to be delivered by August 24, and won't actually be started until tomorrow--after hours requesting et al.).

I've now paid 0.08% of my loan off--woo-hoo! Course 88% of my payment today went to interest (statistics can be a bad thing sometime... maybe all the time). The cool part: I paid a whopping $9.69 extra, which will save me $74.54 over the life of the loan.

Exciting, I know... but then again, what do you expect from 99 bottles of beer as the subject???


As an attempt to compensate/reward you for making it through this post, here's a quote from H2G2 :

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."



Take one down
Pass it around
98 bottles of beer on the wall...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Things are coming together!
Yay for you --

mph