Friday, August 04, 2006

Hey, hey, I saved the world today...

After a few weeks of procrastination, I went and saw An Inconvenient Truth last night. I quite enjoyed it: the movie was both educational and engaging. Given the semi-technical topic matter (global warming), the latter was a significant achievement.

It's was apparently good that I saw it last night, too, as it's no longer playing where I saw it (that, and it wasn't ridiculously crowded in the area, like it can be on the Friday nights when I have been going).

As for the movie, itself, it does a good job of explaining the science/research behind global warming, and even mentions where the average person, like me, can go to get more information about how I can do things to help: the website: www.climatecrisis.net or you can check out the book version.

Maybe even reduce my carbon footprint some...

Oh, and congrats to Casey, who dropped 5 seconds in her 800 today, despite her cap ripping as she was getting onto the blocks.


Some days there's nothing left to learn
From the point of no return
You're leaving

Hey, hey, I saved the world today
Everybody's happy now
The bad things gone away
And everybody's happy now
The good thing's here to stay
Please let it stay

No comments: