Tuesday, August 29, 2006

There was something in the air that night, the stars were bright...

Ernesto

Tropical Storm Ernesto nears (above), and so preparations are underway here in Lauderdale. I'll probably spend most of the day/so Ernesto's around unpacking and maybe watching Muriel's Wedding (now that ABBA's Fernando is stuck in my head). That, and pondering how close "Lauderdale" is to "la-ti-da". And who knows, maybe I'll get to work tomorrow.

Anyways, all this less than a week after my birthday--woo-hoo (and either the crewU'rs have taken a break from reading or my birthday message was just too subtle).

And now that some minor guilt has been laid, I will go off on my search for bunny ears for the t.v.

Can you hear the drums, Fernando?
I remember long ago another starry night like this
In the firelight, Fernando
You were humming to yourself and softly strumming your guitar
I could hear the distant drums
And sounds of bugle calls were coming from afar

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ummm, at least one Crew Uer either didn't get an email, or was drinking a margarita while reading it...

happy belated?!?