Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Don't pass up this chance, this time it's a true romance


Happy Boxing Day!
(no sparring please, other than the playful, verbal kind)

I hope folks had a good Christmas and/or end of Hanukkah. Part of me feels I should have I Got You (I Feel Good) for today, in honor of James Brown's death yesterday, but I'm compelled to go with Martha and the Vandellas instead.

Why? Well, other than doo-wop in the head, and seeing Volver yesterday (which is good; Hitchcockian, even. It doesn't really have anything with Brown vs. the Vandellas, though). So other than those, Florida's not exactly the coldest place around at the moment (it rained yesterday and today--rained! Not a white Christmas, a wet Christmas--can you imagine Bing Crosby singing about 'cars skidding on the road' instead of 'sleigh bells in the snow'? Nowhere near as appealing.).

But hey, it's Florida: it's warm here (ooh shocker). Added to the warmth, yesterday while I was eating at the Floridian (a nearby diner), on comes M+tV's Heatwave (or more properly (Love is Like a) Heat Wave). Now, the song has been on my mind of late, particularly during swim practice when the pool's been rather warm (and one of my coaches didn't love that I was singing it, but hey, the water was warm and at least they recognized the song). But the water's cooled back down and I've managed to not really hear Celine Dion's version of Feliz Navidad this year, so I feel alright... maybe even like sugar and spice.

So good, so good... ;)


Could it be the devil in me
Or is this the way love's supposed to be
Just like a heat wave, burning in my heart
I can't keep from crying
It's tearing me apart

No comments: