Monday, December 04, 2006

Hey (hey) you (you), get off of my cloud

Busy weekend: swim meet in Coral Springs, friend in Boca from Cayman, and the Rolling Stones stuck in my head...

The meet Saturday & Sunday went alright. It was short course meters and my freestyle felt kinda funky the entire meet, but I did mostly better than last year. 2:02 in the 2 free, 4:24 in the 4 free, 8:50 in the 800 (out in 4:19), 2:11 in 2 back, 2:13 in 2 fly, and 4:46 in the 4 im... not terrible, really.

After the meet on Saturday, I drove up to Boca Raton to meet up with a friend from the Cayman Islands (he's actually South African) in town for a meet this past weekend. After finding the pool where they were swimming vacant, I drove around the area for about 15 minutes before calling another friend to find out where their hotel was. Post call, I called the hotel and was able to find it, and hang out for the rest of the evening.

And through most of this I was singing Get Off My Cloud, which I'd heard on Friday--except for Sunday night when I watched Lucky Number Slevin...


I said, hey! (hey) you! (you) get off of my cloud
Hey! (hey) you! (you) get off of my cloud
Hey! (hey) you! (you) get off of my cloud
Don't hang around cause two's a crowd on my cloud, baby

No comments: