Wednesday, November 29, 2006

I quit, I give up, nothing’s good enough for anybody else, it seems

Tonight just turned into one of those days where I wanted to give up; where hope was a dangerous thing. Where by the end of the day, I just needed a break from fighting/battling with things I ought to change (e.g. world peace). Some things maybe to give up on permanently, others to stave off until after a good night's sleep…

So I will quote from my Gilead lunch reading today, and quit until tomorrow...

“...I would advise you against defensiveness on principle. It precludes the best eventualities along with the worst. At the most basic level, it expresses a lack of faith. As I have said, the worst eventualities can have great value as experience. And often enough when we think we are protecting ourselves, we are struggling against our rescuer.” (p.154)


And being alone is the best way to be
When I’m by myself, it’s the best way to be
When I’m all alone it’s the best way to be
When I’m by myself, nobody else can say
Me, I’m a part of your circle of friends
And we notice you don’t come around...

1 comment:

jarret said...

Visualize whirled peas