Friday, December 12, 2008

Let me show you the world in my eyes

So while I was in Atlanta last week, I snapped the above picture of the "very vibrant" red leaves on one of the trees in my hotel parking lot. I was actually quite surprised by the tree. One, that the leaves were still on the tree, given how late in the year it is. Two, given the ever-green nature of the palms and other more tropical trees in South Florida, I've grown accustomed to not seeing leaves change color. I was actually pleasantly surprised to see not only one whole tree but a few have leaves completely changed from green.

So, I decided to snap a picture of the trees. I started by trying to get a wide view, which I had a couple of posts ago (on 12/5/08). When I took that shot, though, I didn't think I'd really captured/conveyed how dramatic the red seemed (though upon loading the pic to my computer, the wide shot kind of does). So, I went under the tree, and shot up. And the above shot came from that... complete with some close up branches, glimpses of a few stray yellow leaves, and a hint of sunlight and the sky peaking in through some openings.... (Note: the picture has been rotated back into the angle from when I took it--undoing the automatic portrait layout my camera forced on it.)

Let me take you on a trip
Around the world and back
And you won't have to move
You just sit still

No comments: