Friday, December 05, 2008

Once I am going, I am gone

So I have arrived in Atlanta. It's a tad cooler here than South Florida, to the point where it actually feels like winter and the leaves actually do change color. There's even some very vibrant red (what appear to be Maple) trees in the parking lot of my hotel (pictured at right). And I believe I'm a few blocks away from where a friend used to live....

Things here are starting off well. I managed to get some Tex-Mex food Wednesday from a restaurant based in Houston and even had an only slightly disappointing visit to the local Taco Cabana. (Disappointing due to its restricted menu compared to within Texas, and they were out of Dr Pepper. Both were acceptable, particularly the latter since I am in the land of Coca-Cola.)

The meet I'm at (U.S. Short Course Nationals) got underway yesterday at Georgia Tech. That has led to my work starting. Otherwise, not much to report, other than I'm trying to figure out how to dodge the SEC Football Championship Game that is here tomorrow. Upon my return to my hotel tonight, it was suddenly packed with Florida Gator and Alabama Crimson Tide fans (hopefully they won't be yelling down the hall "Roll Tide" and "Go Gators" all night...)


(You can catch me poppin' that) Once I get going
(Droppin' that) I am gone...
(Ain't no stoppin' that)
(Are you watching that?)

No comments: