Saturday, December 20, 2008

People I know, places they go;
 make me feel tongue tied

Luck was on my side today. I am hanging out in the Fort Lauderdale Airport, awaiting my flight to San Antonio, where I will be for the Christmas week. With me is a portion of a Carnival cruise that apparently docked this morning, and dumped all its passengers--most of whom appear to be at the airport now.

As my friend and I drove up to the terminal, we saw that the sidewalks were packed with people awaiting curbside check-in. I wasn't too worried at that point, nor thought anything was terribly out of the norm, given the proximity to the holidays and the airlines involved (JetBlue and Southwest--neither of which I am on). So, I figured most of the people were outside, and inside would be relatively vacant. So, I got dropped offed, and ventured inside: which was just as packed.

All the baggage check lines were full, and all the seating was occupied (with people, presumably, on later flights today). Thankfully, thankfully (and for whatever reason), today I'm flying on an airline where I have Elite status, and consequently, I was able to bypass the long bag check line and the mega-long normal security line (i.e. I got to use the "Elite Access" lines). So, instead of taking 2 hours to check my bag and get through security and to my gate, it took about 15 minutes. Phew.

Course, now, I'm hanging out in with a "capacity" crowd at my gate.... But at least I'm just waiting my flight.

Crazy I know, places I go
Make me feel so tired
I can see how people look down
I'm on the outside

Here's, where the story ends

No comments: