Saturday, April 07, 2007

Is it getting better, or do you feel the same? Will it make it easier on you now, you've got someone to blame

Due to a rather pesky, emergency condo association meeting, I managed to miss yet another swim practice this week: today's.

The meeting was scheduled earlier this week for 9 a.m. today, which is right when practice starts--so I figured I was going to miss it. Then last night a few of my neighbors mentioned they would prefer a different time later today, and so launched an attempt to move the meeting. This lead to 2 voicemails (they're only 5 of us in the association), and I went to bed last night without a call-back.

I woke at 8:00 a.m., like I would if I were to go swim, and went to see if I had any calls: 1 of 2 (and it wasn't ok to move). 9 a.m. rolls around, and no one's really about. Turns out respondent 5 emailed his response: it was ok to move the meeting but he couldn't make it this afternoon. This lead to 20 minutes of calling/talking, and the meeting moving to tomorrow afternoon (with 1 person still not able to there in person, but hopefully they'll be able to call in). So, I ended up not swimming so I could talk to people on the phone: fun. And we haven't even gotten to the actual topic of the meeting (an special assessment to pay), which should make tomorrow's Easter Sunday meeting more funner (and as the Assoc. President, I get to mediate... joyous).

As for other news, this Easter/Passover weekend...

  • the mailman just stopped by for the third time today (not sure what's up with that);
  • apparently Knut, a polar bear cub at the Berlin Zoo, has his own blog (there's supposedly an English version there somewhere, but I only see the German);
  • a congenital disease may have contributed to the infamous Hatfield-McCoy feud; and
  • it seems wrong to me that these people can only live under a bridge (If they've served their time, let them re-enter society and try to conform. If you think they've not paid enough for their crime, then either keep them in jail longer or get the help they need! I don't think our society should be treating them like lepers, nor make it even more impossible for them to try to reform.)

One life with each other: sisters, brothers
One life, but we're not the same
We get to carry each other, carry each other.

One (lone)


I had difficulty picking which part of the lyric to today's song, U2's One, to use, for both the subject and endcap. But I did want to use it (and I heard the version with Mary J. Blige at breakfast today).

No comments: