Saturday, April 21, 2007

Sign o' the times mess with your mind

Prom comes to Minneapolis...

As I was strolling through the Roseville Mall, after picking up a (RED) shirt at the Gap--INSPI(RED) actually--I came across a line of teenage boys (pictured at right) awaiting entrance to the local tuxedo rental store. Upon asking nearby, I found out that prom season is here. The prom aspect was confirm tonight, when I was out at dinner and saw several groups of high schoolers dressed up--included one girl in a peach version of the dress Glenda-the-Good Witch of the North wears in the Wizard of Oz (tho, the teens fleeting presence in my sight prevented me snapping a picture, regretfully).

And other than prom season, things in Minnesota are rather uneventful for me. The clinic seemed to go well, and tomorrow I teach a class. I got the chance to see Fracture last night, the new Anthony Hopkins/Ryan Gosling movie, and enjoyed it. Oh, and I'm staying in the Presidential Suite, which here is more meeting room than bedroom (i.e. it's one large room with a pull-out sofa bed, a kitchen, a shower-only bathroom, and a large meeting table...). The most striking thing of the weekend thus far, actually, has been me hearing about the shooting/whatever at NASA in Houston, and my response of 'what in the world is going on here in the u.s. that we're unraveling so...'.

So, a quirky trip. I did get to eat at Fuddrucker's Thursday night, which helps... and I'm about halfway through The Partner after today (maybe I'll finish tonight...).


You turn on the telly and every other story
Is tellin' you somebody died

No comments: