Friday, April 27, 2007

You might as well be walkin' on the sun

Boca?

One of my friends (Laura) has decided to move to Boca Raton. Yep, she's moving to Boca... and coincidently, she's moving close to one of my Masters teammates that lives up there.

Now, the funny/strange part: in my mind, Boca is far away. It's like 20 miles away, which isn't crazy far, but it's still a separate, away entity. It doesn't help that it's in a different county than Fort Lauderdale's Broward; nor that all those cities are between FtL and Boca. And it really doesn't help that Laura told me (initially) that she was moving to be closer to work in Sunrise (west and just slightly north of FtL) and next thing I know, she's moving to Boca (currently she lives in western Oakland Park--off one of lakes above the "ud" in Lauderdale Lakes on the map above).

Now, Laura and Vanessa (the Masters swimmer who lives there) both swear it's not that far away. In fact, Vanessa heard a "far" innuendo in my voice when I initially mentioned Laura was moving there, and proceeded to defend its closeness right away. Ironically, though, I caught her the other night inferring how far it is: she doesn't want to come "all the way down here" on Sunday for a going away party...

But it is what it is: Laura's moving up there, and, lucky me, the move has been scheduled for a weekend I'll be in town. (Presuming something doesn't get scheduled onto it... )

Mr. Wizard can't perform no god-like hocus-pocus
So don't sit back, kick back
And watch the world get bushwhacked
News at 10 your neighborhood is under attack

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so Boca is far depending on the day of the week, time, and other facts...however...in a good day, it on;y takes about a 20 mins ride MR! u should come and visit us!