Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Just wait 'til tomorrow, I guess that's what they all say, just before they fall apart

Microsoft is out to kill trees... that's how I view it.

Why is it that on a Windows machine, you can cancel a print job and still have the unwanted items printed? That it takes turning the printer off to get rid of the job; possibly even having to turn off the computer?

Today, I'd printed an email. I thought it was one page, and only really needed the information on the first page. Turns out the email was 4 pages long, and my printer wanted to print all four. Conveniently, I only had one piece of paper in the printer, so after page 1 printed (and my printer had a series of convulsion trying to find new paper) I canceled the rest of the print job. The print job even--shockingly--disappeared from my print queue in a timely manner, and didn't take 6 deletes to get rid of... so I thought.

About a minute later, I went to print something else, and put some more paper in. My printer gets all fired up, and starts printing, and what should come out first: pages 2-4 of the CANCELED print job--quite annoying. It then printed what I wanted.

On a lighter note, the ducks above were outside the office when I departed today...

You may think that I'm out of hand
That I'm naïve, I'll understand
On this occasion it's not true
Look at me, I'm not you

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

it could be worse. you could have Vista. the joy is going out of my toy joy with my new laptop VERY quickly...

jarret said...

Silly Printer@!

Matt said...

Trix are for kids?