Thursday, April 05, 2007

You come out at night, that's when the energy comes

This week's score: Bed-3, Pool-1

I have continued to be a miserable failure in the battle of my bed vs. the pool. After Tuesday morning's success, I've not escaped the clutches of my sheets to get to the pool for a 6-7 a.m. swim. Which has been particularly sucky this week, since we've not had night practice because of Y-Nationals. Consequently, I've not swum since Tuesday morning.

I guess I'm an evening person, since I'm having such difficulty waking up in the morning; but then again, I'm not terribly good at staying awake at night either--at least when I want to. Then again, I randomly go to bed at 10 one night, 1 the next, then 11, etc. (yes, on the hour, every time...)

On the good side for practice at least, today was the last day of the Y meet, and the Masters schedule returns to normal tomorrow.

I still would like to figure out a way to get myself up and to the pool in the morning consistently.... Hopefully, one day (soon) it'll just become second nature... I'll keep waiting for that.


'Cause you're working, building a mystery
Holding on, and holding it in

Yeah you're working, building a mystery
And choosing so carefully

No comments: