Thursday, June 28, 2007

We're tiny, we're toony, we're all a little loony...

I'm having a sudden nostalgia for some Bugs Bunny cartoons.... It's mostly like due to a quest tonight for some shortbread cookies, which got me thinking about Bugs singing Momma's Little Baby Loves Shortening Bread. Not really a very good reason, but it's one...

In other news:

  • I mailed off my passport to the Uganda Embassy in D.C. on Tuesday (to get my visa for my visit next month).
  • Half the parking lot at the post office has been blocked off for some reason, most likely construction related (but there wasn't anything happening). This was semi-problematic, as the location is rather busy, and there were so many people parked when I stopped by that people had started parking in the median of the entrance that was open.
  • I got time off for my friends Kathy and Patrick's wedding at the end of the year... now I just need my plane ticket.
  • I made plane reservations for the USA Swimming Convention in September, happening in Garden Grove, California, which should allow for me to see my Dad and sister while I'm out there.
  • Regretfully, the timing of said convention is the same weekend as the Miami 10K, so I won't be able to swim it this year.
  • I'm scheduled to do a 5K-for-time in the pool tomorrow night, to enter a postal meet...
  • I had some serious good will-power tonight, and avoided by a Vallejo Trunk at Pier 1 (particularly since I don't have $200 bucks to spend on it...).
  • All this, and my work week has been rather crazy... mostly just continuing from last week.
  • And last but not least, I'm getting a raise :)

And actually, now that I think about it, I will include a Marvin-the-Martian pic, cause my snarky personality and all the postal-ness seems to match him better :)

We're tiny, we're toony
We're all a little loony
And in this cartoony we're invading your t.v.!

No comments: