Thursday, June 21, 2007

What's my age again?

Today marks the start of the Age Group International meet here at the Fort Lauderdale Aquatic Complex. And while Masters is technically divided into age groups, we take our age as of the end of the year for long course (so I've already turned 34 at the meets this summer, despite my birthday not being until after the long course season is done...).

Anyways, the AGI meet is underway: 3.5 days filled with a ridiculous number of swimmers: just over 500 entries today, over 3,200 tomorrow, 2,600 Saturday, and 2,500 Sunday. Fun, fun, fun. Added to this is a visiting coach named Chronic, and there were some chronic unattached swimmers causing DQs to some relays tonight. All-and-all, not too bad tonight, though.

Now, if only work had been so crazy on yesterday (stuff kinda just flew at me in the morning), and then I managed to wake up today 15 minutes before work today.... But I'll be hanging at the pool most (all) of the weekend, helping out at the meet.


My friends say I should act my age
What's my age again?

No comments: