Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Get shot down cause you're overzealous, play hard-to-get females get jealous...

Things I've discovered/found out/been reminded of so far this week...

  • An article on the wisdom of bumper stickers.
  • If you don't recognize him (like I didn't), that's a young Robert Duvall playing Boo Radley in the movie of To Kill a Mockingbird. Speaking of Mockingbird, in listening to it, I am continually reminded that "Jem and I" (which Scout keeps saying) sounds a lot like "Gemini"...
  • An article on the naming of USC's basketball court after Jim Sterkel.
  • Today's post would've referenced Lauryn Hill's Doo Wop (That Thing), if I hadn't already used it here. The song has been in my head of late, at least during practice, because a "Christian" has started swimming with the team (a guy with that name). His introduction yesterday caused me to sing the line used previously... and the reference was actually identified by someone in the lane next to me (amazingly). The identifier then proceeded to talk about how it was "old school" which made the adults in the water laugh--given that early 30s is actually young for the group. But the group quickly corrected what we perceived as a mistake. After all, if Ms. Hill's song is old school, what does that make the music it references???
And on that note, I will sign off so I can get some rest before tomorrow night's psuedo-meet... hasta

This here's a tale for all the fellas,
Tryin' to do what those ladies tell us,
Get shot down 'cause you're over-zealous.
Play hard to get females get jealous

No comments: