Friday, November 17, 2006

Pour some sugar on me... c'mon fire me up

For whatever reasons (maybe because I got 4 in this morning at practice), as I was driving into work today, Def Leppard's Pour Some Sugar on Me came on the radio, and it was just the right time for it to be on.... I was even rocking along with the song in my car for about half of it until I recalled catching a driver one time singing along to the radio in the car in front of me, and I didn't want that to happen to me. I contained myself somewhat when I remembered that, and when I thought the Jeep behind me belonged to someone I know.

Anyways, the other items of note from this morning's drive is that apparently the Christmas radio stations begin today, or at least the local one. Which just means from now until Jan.6, I have one less radio station to which I'll be listening. It's just one of my peeves that the stations switch over before Thanksgiving, but what's even worse is they completely stop at 11:59 p.m. on 12/25. They don't ever make it to New Year's, let alone Little Christmas... makes it seem like the Christmas/holiday season just stops after the 25th--nothing more afterward. Just sad really.

So to combat said practice, I boycott those stations for the duration of their switch. It probably doesn't do any direct good, but it makes me feel better.

Well, time to jet... hasta


Listen: red light, yellow light, green-a-light go
Crazy little woman in a one man show
Mirror queen, mannequin, rhythm of love
Sweet dream, saccharine, loosen up

No comments: