Monday, November 27, 2006

Wear it out (the way a 3 year-old would do), melt it down (you're gonna have to eventually, anyways)

On the way back to work today at lunch, Alanis Morissette’s You Learn came on the radio, reminding me of how I was awakened on Saturday. Sometime just before 7 a.m.--possibly earlier--I was awoken by "you live, you learn, you love, you learn, you cry, you learn, you lose, you learn..." drifting descending down from above. Apparently my upstairs neighbor was awake.

I attempted to ignore it, and sleep until my alarm went off--I was getting up for morning practice at 8--but did not have much success. In some respects, it was strange, as generally music won't wake me up--the songs just become part of my dream.

Now, part of me was/still is upset, and wanted to go upstairs and tell her to turn her tunes down. The larger part, however, didn’t want to wake up that much, and so I resisted, and have let it fester inside. I’ve still not addressed it to her, yet; maybe I’m waiting for it to happen again. I will give my upstairs neighbor props, in that she did warn me she likes to listen to her music loud; I just didn’t realize it would be so early on a Saturday morning. Ironic, in some ways...

Swallow it down (what a jagged little pill)
It feels so good (swimming in your stomach)
What until the dust settles…
You live, you learn

No comments: