Monday, November 13, 2006

It's a new world, it's a new start, it's alive with the beating of young hearts

To avoid a blink-and-you'll-miss-it moment, I'll chronicle here that last night I read Judy Blume's Are You There God, It's Me, Margaret (left). Yep, the entire thing in one sitting--I'm so proud of myself. (Jarret'll probably be in shock; maybe he'll even update his blog because of it.... I won't really mention that the book's just over 150 pages, nor that it's set in rather large type, nor that it's written for a teen reader so it's doesn't have monstrous words to get through. It is good though... I think I'll send it to my sister.)

And now that Margaret's read, I've moved on to Marilynne Robinson's Gilead (right)--which also, apparently, deals with religion and letters (although in this case, instead of a 11-year-old girl writing to God, you've got what appears to be a dying priest writing to his son--I'm only on page 9, so I'm not positive). Gilead has begun well, and it's cool cover helped it start off on the right foot.

And yet another reason why I like Wikipedia...



It's a new world, it's a new start
It's alive with the beating of young hearts
It's a new day, it's a new plan
I've been waiting for you...
Here I am

No comments: